PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 04:15
Grass strip basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I withdraw the Mexican comment.... I am NOT defending these practices in Dubai they are appauling.... the government should be ashamed

My point is I am fed up with people continually slagging off everything about a place many have rarely if ever visited. You can find an evil/dark side to every nation. These articles often have no "balance" at all. The west has an appauling track record in many many parts of the world.... I won't go into legacy of the Gulf war, UK pulling out of India/creation of Pakistan, Israel..... non of those involve human rights abuses!? geez even the Brits in the UAE less than a 100 years ago were awful. You can see why many arabs get pissed off given the legacy the US/UK has created in many parts of the middle east.

Exploitation happens everywhere..... for example US/Western European consumers seem very happy buying goods churned out of Asian sweat shops.... but of course that is not fuelling exploitation is it..... hypocrites. You turn a blind eye to where you support exploitation indirectly and preach a "I am holier than thou" to others as you lap up the benefits.

And despite all the moaning about how horrible it is on here how many of you have been motivated to do anything to help the workers in Dubai other than slatch?? (Good work by the way and I apologise on behalf of the Brits among us who are appaulled at the attitude of the British couple you mention..... they are just as responsible in my eyes as the "company" that employeed her)