PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 01:10
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two more comments from earlier in the tread that I think many EK pilots would agree with.

I think there'd be very few professional pilots who would not say "that could never have happened to me", even with every safety measure known to man in place.

As someone has said before me, the two operating pilots, how ever badly they may - (stress, at this stage, may) - have screwed up initially, did an excellent job in revovering the aircraft from the initial situation and then getting it back on the ground in one piece without injuring anyone among their passengers and crew, (I'm sure very ably assisted by the B crew).

I'd like to think I would be able to half as good a job as they did after the initial problem reared its head and pray to God I never have to.
and

I think I speak for quite a few EK pilots when I say that I am deeply saddened if the story I have read here about the way the pilots were invited to resign is true. I would like to think that the management pilots who asked them to do so were doing so on orders from above and acting very much against their will.