PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Relatives claim government failed to protect victims of RAF Hercules crash
Old 16th Apr 2009, 00:30
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On behalf of the silenced majority

"Leon you are the clucking anchor, goodbye!"

I'd like to have left it there but that would unfair on Leon (even if it was predictable and just a little amusing!).

Mad Eng is right and olive is probably an MoD 'spoofmeister'.

However, we are all entitled to our opinion.

The sad truth remains that this Gov't and their lackeys have asked too much from our mediocre defence budget and our military's 'never-say-die' attitude. Regrettably, people have died - but not for a lack of courage and determination. What has been at fault is the Govt/MoDs ability to support those on the front line. I believe that our Servicemen are the 21st Century's 'Lions led by Donkeys' but this Labour Gov't cannot accept that and they rebuff every attempt to correct the imbalance - seemingly because of a pig-headedness to look facts in the face and the ability to say sorry.

It also sickens me that some serving people would attack the families that have lost so much - their loved ones died in the defence of all of our freedoms. Those of you who criticise the families should hang your heads in shame. Please do not think that the families take their actions to court purely for monetary reasons.

flipster

ps Top bunker - while I have some sympathy with the 'daylight LL is not a good idea' (been there done that), like wise 'daylight med-level for a short distance' is equally unappealing. You might be correct to highlight a culture difference in the 'special ones' but you can't avoid the 'table of manadated threats' for ever - you have to land sometime! ESF was a defined method of mitigation that our superiors declined to fit for over 40 years. We now know it cost peanuts and was relatively easy to to fit but for some reason, it never was.....I am mightily grumpy that the system that was designed to protect us and the ac in which we flew, let us down so badly.

Last edited by flipster; 16th Apr 2009 at 00:41.