PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 00:14
slatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will have to agree with Silver on this one. I have nothing against the MPL concept. I have even visited Clark a few times and talked with students and instructors. But In my opinion the basic flaw is having the student pay for the training. Every student should have a sponser airline paying for most if not all of their training with a contract/bond ageement. One of the big problems with having the students pay is Alpha has every incentive to pass them no matter what. They will be more motivated on profits than turning out a quality pilot. In the end the good pilots that make it through will be tainted because of a few that pass, that shoud not have, and give the school a bad reputation. If the airlines were sponsoring and paying the poor performers would be weeded out along the way. Another issue is something that has been mentioned before. Most of the students that will be able to afford this program will be coming from wealthy upper class families. In my experiance some of these tend to not work as hard as students paying their own way and feel that their passing is a given.