PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 21:12
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes - the message in the baggage hall in T1 with that awful voice. Yes it is quite enough to drive you to violence after a long trip I think it is activated by movement down the stairs from the passport area as it doen't seem to occur at regular intervals; frequent yes but not regular, which made it even more annoying when you thought it had stopped and then the bl**dy thing started again, and again and again.....

It really annoyed me earlier this year when I had arrived back tired out but a couple of visits ago it had stopped. Blessed relief. At last something unserviceable making the experience better!!

Alas on my last visit there she was, going again- blah, blah, blah BUT the volume seemed to be reduced. If you stood at the reclaim at the Customs end, you couldn't really hear it unless you tried hard. But of course, if you stand at the other end to get your bags first.....well that's your choice.

Perhaps someone could report the Airport under H+S legislation for it being an audio hazard, or under Human Rights laws as being torture??

Why is it needed to be repeated so often? Most people are going to be in that hall for many minutes - often too many minutes - so a message every few minutes like the ones advising you to keep your baggage with you at all times would be more appropriate. And aren't there signs too?

As I've not arrived at any other UK airports recently - do they have similar messages repeated every few seconds ? If so, is it another DfT (or whatever they are called this week) initiative?

Answers on a postcard please.

Suzeman

PS
Not experienced the T2 message - it can't be worse can it?