PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to buy Go
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2002, 06:30
Cordon Negro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only A Few More Seasons - you sound a tadge bitter-and-twisted old son - in that, reading between the lines of your post, it might seem that you're miffed that somebody did rather better out of their investment than you did (from their investment).

Q). Would you please enlighten us as to your personal financial contribution (i.e. investing serious amounts of your own money) in to any airline venture that you have been involved with - and what was the outcome ?

It might seem that somewhere along the road you've got it into your head that it's a crime to make big bucks - well it's not. Indeed if you invest YOUR money in a venture then it's only reasonable to have a return on that investment, i.e. you're the one who's taking the initial risks (not the employees - they're getting paid, you might not be), and with that, the risk of losing it all, deserves a payback down the road.

As is often said, "Money makes money" and "You've got to speculate to accumulate".

Uhm (hence the edit), what happened to the post by 'Only A Few More Seasons' that was immediately above this one - it's disappeared ?!........ Ah, hold on one minute, I've still got the orginal cached in my browser, so here it is.......

'Only A Few More Seasons' wrote:

Never trust venture-capitilists they are only in it for the dosh.

A bit of history - Brad Burgess/Rob Wright gave 3i their first profitable interest in airlines when they sold Connectair to Air Europe in the 80s - both BB/3i have been milking airlines/the system ever since.

Oh and by the way (history repeats itself) watch Astreaus another Burgess deal with Aberdeen ------whatever they are called another venture dosh deal.

I bet Babs won't be on the bottom of the seniorty list of the next company she joins either!!
Duh, as if being in it 'only for the dosh' is some sort of crime.

So OAFMS, please grow up mate, either that or go back to your Communist utopian dream !

E.g. What's the difference between a (sustainable) privately owned company, and one that's (unsustainably) owned by The State ? Answer = Profits !

Ps. Your understanding of correct spelling is pretty p!ss-poor too, e.g.

capitilists = Capitalists
Astreaus = Astraeus
seniorty = seniority

Uhm, so maybe you should take your hard earnt 'dosh' and invest in a spell-checker; I'll hazard a guess that it'll almost certainly yield a higher return than your comprehension of 'free-market-forces' ever will !

Last edited by Cordon Negro; 7th May 2002 at 18:58.