PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 17:53
brokenenglish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I'm very disappointed by the apparent lack of support by their colleagues on these threads...

Well, it took me less than five minutes to pull these out:

have flown with the captain in the past. He is a reasonable and capable chap.Cut him some slack.The report will be published eventually.
We are all only as good as out last flight .. I have 5000 hours on the 330/345 and can understand why errors can be made from a pilots perspective that might lead to this event/similar
The jet is not fool proof as AB would have us believe.
Neither is the 777 that I fly now and there have been several cases of 'almost's' with that jet too.
I know at least one of the guys on the incident jet, and cannot be lead to believe that any errors would have been made without mitigating factors - as there always are.
I'm surprised that although most posters here like to be considered the "professionals" that this websites name implies, they are the first to draw guns against another pilot and/or the aeroplane.
Why are so many of us so damned willing - (indeed, almost tripping over ourselves in our eagerness to make our very own accusation)- to "eat our young" in situations such as these?
Posted mostly from EK crew I believe. There are more.

And the following might explain why there are relatively few posts like the above amongst the 30+/- pages:

It is certainly frustrating to see the same points and the same questions arise so early in the thread, when they have been dealt with in one form or another in earlier posts.
some real muppets on this thread..... v biased un-professional comments.
Other than the obviously informed comments here, the rest follows the usual pattern of nonsense we can all expect when reading of incidents and accidents.