PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controllers aeronautical knowledge.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 14:45
manny fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherthing.

In all honesty I have not noticed the difference. Yes I sometimes think."they should know that", but I also know that when I was going through training the "older" ones used to say that about us. When I was training the "older" ones would say how much better they were, when I had been valid a few years, we would say of the new breed that they were not of the standard that we were. Guys I have trained have now been valid a few years and they are saying exactly the same. The guy at the tower having no appreciation was he a recent valid guy, or dont you know?
We get some shocking presentation from TC which indicates lack of appreciation, and likewise we do the same but it is not always the younger inexperianced guys.
I have done truce when some self professed atc experts have laboured some emergencies so much, showing all their expertise and appreciation for what the A/c can do. All he proceded to do was interupt the pilots thought process, what he should have done was leave the pilot to it, and waited. It is what the pilot himself discussed in the debrief.

I had duffers on my course, indeed some might say I was one of the duffers who end up validating. We are providing no better service than the new guys. All we are better at is experiance, which cannot be taught.