PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good watches for flying?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 12:22
Poose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a very strange thread... How many pilots need a specific pilot's watch? Let's be honest... anything will do...

However, why have cotton when you can have silk? As an advert once said... And just because someone else wants to drive a beat up Yugo or wear cheap tat doesn't mean we all should! (We're not in Communist Russia - thankfully!!)

I have to confess to be slightly perturbed by the level to which people judge on appearance in this industry. What else do people judge on? Background, skin colour, sex, perhaps? Surely if you're a good pilot and a decent chap or chapess is that not the benchmark? If a bloke wants to wear a nice watch, so be it, that's his or her business.

This reminds me of another thread were some chump accused OAA students of donning Captains bars when walking around Tescoes. This spurned all sorts of responses with all sorts of attacks on people for wearing Ray Bans, Breitlings, hair gel, wearing their uniform in public on the way home etc.

I'm just astounded at the number of people who are frightened to take a pride in themselves and their own achievements in this industry and indeed the UK at large...

Or indeed those who attack / ridicule other people to pull them down to their level. Oh! And god forbid anyone be successful or achieve things at a young age (See Young B777 First Officer thread.) ...

Only the underdog / loser (A level to which the majority can aspire to - as it is easily achievable.) gets accolades in our society...
Give it time and the chaps from Essex will be landing at Jade Goody International.

Well... when I've finished this fATPL lark I'll be dressed like Ace Rimmer / Third World Dictator... Because I will have earnt it and bugger what anyone else thinks!

Buy the most bling watch you can Okavango!

Could someone pass me a ladder? Need to climb off my soap box.