PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F3 terminated
Thread: F3 terminated
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 10:35
hulahoop7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"In summary, everyone has opinions, and that's fantastic. But please consider what you are writing before you post. Ignorance and stupidity may be bliss for you - but it can, and does, upset those of us that work hard to provide a service to HMG.

In particular I am posting in reference to : xray1, pp and navaleye"

So I guess it doesn't count when people shout "cut the white elephant carriers" or the remaining harrier force! Because those dedicated men and women who work day and night ensuring that the UK can deploy a CVS strike carrier and decent CAS aren't the same as the RAF folk? The Vinis / Harriers probably have 10 years max in them, after that (and with no replacement) all that valuable human capital is lost, along with a genuinely useful capability. That’s thousands of peoples lives affected. But no one gives a toss when Jacko slams their careers into the trash can. In fact, on this very thread I think you’ll find that navaleye was only responding to one such emotive contribution by Jacko.

Please, if you want to sit on the high ground and preach, you better make sure it's to the whole congregation.

It’s clear that a battle has been fought within the MOD because of a lack of resources. JFH, which is actually fighting in a war, versus the F3 which isn’t. Once again the government has forced the services to fight amongst themselves because they haven’t provided enough money. Once again finding funding for an immediate need has increased risk for the long term. That is something to be angry about.