PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 10:11
Rugbyears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSmuppet - Your confrontational tone I’m afraid sadly indicates you possess little in the way of common decorum. I would suggest we refrain from posting further replies as we obviously retain conflicting perspectives, nor is it beneficial to this particular thread.

I return to my original post….MrFixer

I would endeavour to formally contact a variety of schools, closely examining what each programme offers, maybe visit – Once you have the appropriate information, I would urge you to carefully analyse the implications of each route. Ensure that you factor in particulars such as general living costs, duration of time required to complete the programme, standard/quality of tuition. Also carefully consider what it is you wish to achieve, for example, Airlines, are you striving to attain a position as an airline pilot, or alternatively, do you simply want a career as a pilot similar to a flying instructor? I suggest you try and acquire relevant statistics - who has a proven track record and facilitated students transition to end employment – PROOF not say so! What about location, will you require relocating during your training phase, how will this affect you study if you have a partner and so on. Is there a requirement to maintain pat-time employment to facilitate your training? These questions are very individualistic, and therefore should only be assessed by you. Once you have calculated these agents you will know doubt have further specific questions which you wish to ask, I would then use this platform to question particular queries, as you are able to observe, the Modular v Integrated debate is rather open ended, personal circumstances heavily influence your choice. I personally opted for the Modular route as it best facilitates my circumstances, but may not yours – either way best of luck, I’m sure you will decide diligently.