PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Pilot Jailed
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 04:20
ithinkso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Wooby

Go and fly an airliner, for a real airline, and then you may understand what I was saying. With the exception of RNP, any pilot on the aircraft should be able to hand fly the aircraft to the minima, with the same outcome as the automation.

Be aware, that Captains and F/Os , many times have great differences in their level of experience. If Captains reacted to every "spurious" call that F/Os make, you would find your airfares are much,much higher. Experience counts for everything!

I reiterate: THERE IS ONLY ONE CAPTAIN!!!

Non-asian crews don't suffer the same near vertical authority gradient. We are happy to "lose face", when we are wrong, especially if it may cost us our life.

I know your sentiments are based in sympathy for the victims of this idiot, but you really have to face reality. CRM is present in every multi crew environment, just in some cases it is better than in others. The whole thing was a total cock up, and people lost their lives. But as long as we are flying aeroplanes there will be cock ups and people will continue to die. Hopefully not as meaninglessly as this though. This is one of the worst I have seen.

ps: If F/O attempted to wrangle the controls from my hands, he would make his dentist a little bit richer. Its hard to eat corn on the cob with no front teeth. Even at QF.