PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 04:08
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also an outsider looking in but i can tell you that the amount of racism and bigotry i felt in dubai is very different from my current province. After reading the article, my wife felt better about our decision to not come to dubai.

This article was not about a financial crisis; but instead, about how arrogant the country is as a whole. I also have friends in dubai and they have all told me that the restaurants are empty, moral is low, and business is really slow. Yes, the recession is world wide but ateast i know the government does have a watch dog group that oversees my interests and ensures that i am not continously lied to. At the least, i know that i am protected by law.

I just can not put my family through the lack of oversight and protection that all human beings deserve. I remembered when i interviewed, one of the guys in my group challenged the hr lady and mentioned the lack of human right abuses and the lack of law in dubai. She just sat there and said it was like any other western country.

It is sad to see that our own people would sell us off to live a false dream.

ps..thanks for posting the article.

fb