PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 03:45
kotoyebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I think the Engineer's EBA was bad? Yes. Now what's your point?
El Perro (aka aircraft or PAF), humour us and tell us what you consider would have been a "good" EBA for the engineers. While you're at it, explain to us exactly what "industrial action" was taken. I remember a 4 hour stop work meeting. The only other thing I can remember is SOME of the engineers not doing OT. You seriously telling everyone on this board that a 4 hour stop work meeting cost the company $150mil, and put it in the position it is in now?

Oh, also, you haven't responded to this from BSC:

Now will dixon aplogise for having his nose in the trough? Money wasted on the APA bid? Freight collusion fines? Lack of action earlier on fleet upgrades?
And there are many more examples that haven't been touched on in the above quote.

So using your logic, the QF planes would now all be full of full fare paying premium pax if the engineers would have taken the company offer. It's nothing to do with some little world wide economic problem.

SQ, CX, BA etc have all had a dramatic fall in premium pax travel, so did they all have engineers taking industrial action last year? Or is ALAEA to blame for their problems as well?