PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training - Joke!
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 02:40
Booglebox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still training with OFT- everything that's been said since I last looked in is pretty accurate!

Keygrip's point was excellent in that the steep fines are intended to stop people leaving trash in the plane, but I can verify (YourControls made this point already, I hope I can explain further) they are applied without the person being fined being notified, for the tiniest item. As for leaving the storm window open- this is central Florida, and on a normal day I consider an open window to be no less than a courtesy!! The tie down rule is stupid but, as far as I know, necessary for insurance / liablility reasons, and is rarely enforced, unless a certain helicopter instructor decides to walk around with a camera and a notebook (remember the uniform debacle, anyone?). You are right about the flight training industry being a shambles, a family member used to work for Cabair (parent company of OFT) in the 70's, and was encouraged to go fly with frost on the wings and airframe... needless to say, common sense was firmly applied.

Also, I'd just like to second that the OFT video is indeed hilarious.
YouTube - Orlando Flight Training and Space Coast Aviation Part1
And, I think that Euroflight is indeed a bit of a dump cosmetically, but apart from the one toilet IMO it is a whole lot better than the OFT terminal building. I guess as far as training school buildings go it's not too bad, but then again I've been based in an abandoned fire station before now...

One more thing- prospective students, listen to the sage advice about keeping your hands on your money!!