PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do about MERV ?- POLL ONLY Please.
Old 6th May 2002, 23:48
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lou you say;
"Merv" may have his faults including, to you, of being a non-BA pilot.'
You've lost me again, nowhere have I said anything like I didn't like MERV because he is a non-BA pilot. That one came right out of the blue, scary.

I am amused at your not voting for CD in the first place because he was a Communist. You weren't in charge of the McCarthy hearings in the US were you, that ran the dangerous people like Charlie Chaplin out of America?

As for remaining anonymous I don't see what my name has to do with the results, I'm not asking people to vote for me and I'm certainly not adding up the ballot results as they come in. See this is the age of computers and the POLL results are computed automatically. Maybe you're a DC-3 pilot?

Of course if you are trying to be threatening by demanding my name, well I don't think anyone intelligent enough to type would be that thick. Maybe MERV is typing this for you, we all know he can type?

As for those who vote, I couldn't care about their name either. If they are taking the time to vote however chances are they probably do know who MERV is or have read enough about him lately to not think warmly of his tactics.

Lou the POLL is not to be taken as gospel, MERV's not running for PM or anything. But I explained to you earlier how much time it would take for someone to vote more than once(15minutes per bogus vote) so I think we've ruled out someone wasting 24hours straight trying to rig these votes. That just leaves us to trust that Capt Pprune couldn't be interested enough to rig the election in either direction. I admit to not knowing Capt Pprune personally. But I commend him on his great forum and appreciate the time he must put in to maintain it probably means he cares little for our little POLL.

Lou this POLL is but a reflection of how people probably would vote given the chance to put their real names to paper nominations. It is using the modern wonder of the internet to judge the pulse of the people in real time and to send a clear message to those who don't understand that Cronyism has as much chance of surviving in the age of the Internet as Communism(just for you Lou).

If you're such good mates with MERV why don't you ask him to send all BALPA members a real ballot paper listing the choices above, then you would be happy with the results and MERV would get sent packing. That is one letter I wouldn't mind receiving from MERV.

Whilst we're on the subject of names, is your's really
Lou Scannon.......as in, sounds like "Loose Cannon" ? Coincedence ?HHHMMMMM, the plot thickens.

If you don't hear from me for a while it's because I've gone on holiday, unless Lou gets me first.....scary. At the very least, got to have a sense of humour.

Last edited by airrage; 7th May 2002 at 00:15.