PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 14th Apr 2009, 23:52
CTOT340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Krusty. Whilst I agree the Captains are in demand and will (hopefully) have some leverage/negotiating power as a result, I don’t think it’s the same for all the FO’s. Over the last few months I’ve seen a dramatic change:

- On single reserves, they don’t get called in
- On each roster they lose many days work and get put on reserve as the sectors were needed for ‘training’ (given to the cadets maybe??)
- A number of guys on the next roster, in a two week period have a grand total of 4 rostered days work, the rest being reserve or RDO.
-
So, it does indeed look like we’re bottom heavy. We’ve gone from one extreme to the other!

Personally I’m stunned at the contempt being shown for the hard working (and we really do work hard!) girls and boys at this company. I can’t see the point of it. I know the other major players aren’t recruiting at the moment, and are unlikely to in the near future, but they WILL at some point. Do they really think everyone’s going to stomach this and decide to stay when the doors open again? Maybe I’m missing something….