PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 23:42
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the fueler is likely to keel over at any moment and at the same time the cut-off switches in the tanks fail thereby resulting in the fuel ending up everywhere, then I suggest the two plots that are required in the flightdeck to complete the subsequent evacuation checklist ( according Mr Boeing) should have been watching the gauges , as the 7000kg they requested became 7800 and then some, that is what they should be supervising.
If the fuelling procedure requires supervision, then I suggest it is incumbent on the company providing it ( and raking in the associated profits ) to provide a second qualified bod.
Me, I reckon any turnaround / evacuation , will be more professionaly accomplished if both of us are present, and not standing outside freezing our bollox off in the p1ssing rain. Call me old-fashioned, but this is another case of the tail wagging the dog.
If Blogs the refueller cannot work unsupervised, let his employer pay/train/ provide the supervisor. None of us received any specific training.
I have better things to do on a 25min turnaround and perhaps it might also be better if my actions were supervised that is why there are two of us, and I certainly don't demand that the fueller pops up and checks the loadsheet once I am finished with it