PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Read the Books !
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 22:51
NutLoose

Received 3,036 Likes on 1,281 Posts
WOTME?'Actually I cannot see a problem with asking on a website, it is similar to asking someone at work, you take on board what they are saying listen to their suggestions and go through them in your own head to see if they are offering a different avenue to those that you have all considered at work.'

Surely the (big)difference is that when I ask someone at work,I know the guy and if I didn't think he had the experience & knowledge to have the answer,I wouldn't ask him.
Taking advice from someone you have never met and don't know is a bit too close to pot luck.
I totally agree and that is why I said I work through what they are saying in my mind and make a decision based on its merits and following discussions with fellow engineers and see if the manuals bear fruit in what they are saying, I never said diddly squat about excepting anything carte blance, but sometimes an idea out of your realm of thinking can point you in the right direction and as such should not simply be dismissed..
You say you know the Guy, but the bogus Engineers in Auz disprove that theory in some cases.

Engineer_ausThanks for the info re the 152, I shall pay more attention next time I work on a bug smasher.
Be serious any self respecting bug can out run it.

grd engscarey
im taking cover everytime a 152 flys near now!!
Don't knock the light stuff, it varies from Day to Day and covers everything, It is far more interesting than doing Bog mods on a 737 and my licences cover over 200 plus different types of Aircraft and Engine combinations from DC7's through Flying boats to the smallest puddle jumpers, both on Part M or Section L licences covering piston and turbine aircraft including C and Nominated privileges..... But I will deign to Terrys experience as with 38 years he has 5 on me

But the 152 manuals lacking being up to date is one of my biggest bugbears with the way the new LAMPS is written, It's all well and good telling you you must adhere to what is in the manual, but when the said manual is so out of date or incorrect, it's like trying to bang your head up against a brick wall You use the likes of ATP and go digital at megga bucks only to find some of their digital copies are over a year out of date... No wonder people are leaving the Industry in droves.

Last edited by NutLoose; 14th Apr 2009 at 23:15.