PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport - Then & Now
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 22:36
Cavair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moseley Hall school spotters club, 1964-70

anyone remember the MHGS aviation club in the 60s? i ran it for about a year, prob when i was in 6th form. Organised trips to London and various shows.
i saw some early postings from 2007 on this thread, and like others had to register!

I lived near Woodford airfield and had views of the hangars and 748 prod line - also got caught going thro the fence!! Also remember crawling thro the bars of the turnstiles to get up to the terraces at MAN!! School was great as it was under the approach - many happy memories of diversions. Also the many unusual charters - anyone remember a Rhodesian DC6, VP-YYR. not sure of date or year but i can disticntly remember it coming in over the "quad" (playground) during a PE lesson! Capitol C46s, American Flyers Electras and DC8s, SAM DC6s.
I still have a photo of 'LHG the Argonaut which crashed at Stockport, taken earlier in the year.
i have some photos on my website Cavill Connections - Richard Caville - Genealogy, Aviation, History...
click on the classic aircraft link. Not v gd condition but i have others which im getting scanned and hope to put up.
happy remisniscing!
Richard