PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 19:18
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
There is some serious trolling going on here.

El Perro:

The fact remains that you did what you thought was right. That's fine, but don't tell me that in hindsight what you did was in the interests of everyone. It wasn't. Least of all in the interests of the company trying it's best to keep you in employment.
That is a simple bullsh1t statement as any reading of Pprune will confirm, the company has not done one single thing in the interests of its staff for at least Eight years, least of all "trying its best to keep you in employment", despite multiple pleas on multiple occasions to stop wasteful and stupid management practices that hurt everyone.

Qantas has been run by a narcissistic management team for the last Eight or so years.

The meaning of that statement is that NO, NIL, NADA, ZIP attention was paid to any stakeholders at all, that includes staff (who have been all been abused), Customers (who have received a Sh1t sandwich as far as product is concerned) and shareholders (remember the APA bid?).

The reason for this is that as far as management is concerned QANTAS IS ALL ABOUT THEM. That is why they pay themselves bonuses. That is why the number of managers has increased, narcissists don't want to talk to the hoi polloi, they want to talk to other managers.

As better people than I have said watch what they do, not what they say. Joyce has announced that 500 managers will go and around 1200 staff.

Now lets watch and report on how this is executed. Is it going to be done fairly, equitably, relatively quickly and cleanly with lots of consultation, reporting back to the staff, VR, LSL, LWOP with forced redundancy only a distant option?

Is it instead going to be drawn out over the rest of this year in a process that is unfair, slow, capricious and surrounded by endless rumour so that no one can consider for a minute whether their job is safe or not?

Will the "500 managers" be quickly and cleanly axed in a simple quick process, or again in a process surrounded by rumour, deceit and uncertainty, all guaranteed to maximise the pain of those under threat. Narcissists in senior management just love to deal out pain to their juniors, it makes them feel good. It is a power trip; "Am I going to keep you working for me?", "What have you done for me today?", "If you were me, would you keep yourself working for me?", "How would you restructure this management team if you were me?". This is the sort of sh1t I've heard, watched and had dealt out to me before.

Watch how Joyce does this exercise. If it is a slow and dirty power trip something like I've described, then start making long term plans to get out of Qantas now, because Qantas is not going to survive another Eight years of being managed by Dixon style narcissist clones.