PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are you proud to be in the RAF?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 19:03
Almost_done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Year out

I felt I had something to add here, I am proud to have served, over the world in the RAF. I left as I felt the RAF was sliding into an organisation I did not want to be part of.

I still watch and look for any information of my old units, see how they are doing in the very nasty places of the world knowing the tasks/risks that the press cannot convey to the rest of the civvy world, a world I now am part of. However I make sure those I work with know of the sacrifice, pain and toil that still serving face.

I do wish ZaNu Labour and the Conservatives had had the ba**s to make good the services when I 'was in', during and post the Cold War instead of raping the Defence Budget to make good on promises the great unwashed and undeserving (my opinion, not a political statement).

To sum up in the past 12 years (11 years when I was still in) I have seen the degradation of one of the most proud (if young) military services in the world, overseen by one of the most self serving administrations. it is to the shame of all CAS and CDS that they have presided over this sorry state since ZaNu came into power.

For me the blame lies there, not willing to ensure the cohesion of the commands below them, you want leadership well we should look to the top to provide it, not ask if you want to get off a train to Glasgow!

Anyway going to go back and enjoy the Weissbier now.

Good luck to all left in and I do pray for all to be safe on Ops and Training.