PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone aviation applications, what do you recommend & use?
Old 14th Apr 2009, 17:29
Shunter
Upto The Buffers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shunter, how do you get 5 icons along the bottom line?
It requires a jailbroken phone. Jailbreaking (if you don't know what it is) essentially circumvents the Apple security which constrains you to running things that they approve of. There are many advantages, and absolutely zero disadvantages to doing it. It can be done with free software written by an outrageously talented bunch of embedded device engineers called the iPhone Dev Team. Once you're done with the over-the-top "you'll get what you're given, now stop moaning" protection, you're free to install non-approved 3rd-party applications. That one's called 5-icon-dock and does what it says on the tin. There are plenty of other useful ones which Apple decided not to allow on the app store; cut n paste, MMS, video recorder, backgrounder (to allow you to keep apps running - damn useful for many things). That said, the next version of iPhone software coming in a couple of months is pretty much a "kitchen sink" edition as far as features go; almost everything people have ever moaned about not being available is coming.... except backgrounding.

There are far more applications available for Microsoft Mobile 6.1 and WinCE than there is for iphone
And your reference is......

The iTunes app store has fundamentally changed how people acquire applications. There were about 20,000 of them last time I checked, for almost every possible use.

I've had 2 Windoze Mobile phones in the past. I will NEVER EVER EVER have one again. Windows Mobile is ****e.