PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No boot now!
Thread: No boot now!
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 13:14
Keygrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No boot now!

Went out on a road trip last week, left my PC running (as I usually do).

Logged in during the day via GoToMyPC and did what I needed to do. Logged in again a few hours later - PC "Offline" it says. Hmmm. Telephone call to wife assures me that it's still "lit up"

Returned home to find everything "frozen". Image on screen OK, but no mouse or keyboard operations. Forced to hold down power button for four seconds to switch off. Rebooted, no problem. Not frozen since.

Subsequent daily attempts to boot up have been getting progressively more difficult. Occassional "hang" during boot process. Usually got to the end of it with a bit of patience.

Today, booting nicely, past the POST message of counting drives and RAM, then froze at the "Click F10 to enter RAID configuration" message. Held my button down again for a restart - not seen anything since.

No suggestion of a video signal on either monitor (though did get a "Cable disconnected" warning on one display whilst swapping componenets.

Have exchanged identical monitors, have exchanged identical video cards (wife's machine has exactly same components), have tried another video cable.

Switch on PC power button - blank screen.

Any suggestions (that don't involve a sledgehammer)?

=^..^=