PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA LAMPS Schedule...... Is it Good, Bad or a Pile of Poo?
Old 14th Apr 2009, 12:22
NutLoose

Received 3,007 Likes on 1,273 Posts
I would agree, that is what we used to do, heck we even used to proof test them in the old days, but at the end of the day LAMPS states in accordance with the Manufacturers recommendations and without it stated otherwise in writing you are leaving yourselves hanging out to dry...........

You had as a requirement of LAMPS to add all of the Manufacturers Lifed Items to the Schedule and it states in black and white. And to adhere to it.

I agree the system as it stand is so full of holes a good lawyer would tear it to shreads, but unless it is in writing you are the person liable, so get your surveyor or the CAA to put it in writing, otherwise at the impending court case your "well I was told" will not be backed up.

As an example, say you do not change them, you have a megga falling out with the Owner over Money, the Aircraft subsequently goes to another Company that immediately grounds it under LAMPS and the Owner who needs it yesterday contacts the CAA over it and Sues you for failing to maintain his Aircraft to an approved Airworthy standard............ where do you stand then, I know its a hypothetical and a long shot, but in these times things do happen.

Last edited by NutLoose; 14th Apr 2009 at 12:35.