PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 11:06
ringbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW OA are definately a lot happier crowd than the Virgin and Jetstar mob
Alas, I'm still spending far more of my time than I prefer travelling around the Pacific, still primarily to the Solomons. Don't misinterpret me, the destinations are fine, it's the incessant travelling that wearies me.

Now, to the content of LP's post - I have to agree. I speak to Our Airline crew on a far more regular basis than many and yes, almost without exception (both cabin crew and technical crew), they are extremely happy with their lot - even the co-pilots that some here allude to as being underpaid. If that's the case it certainly doesn't come across.

I think it's time some of the critics earnestly spoke to those at the coal face (as do I) to determine what those directly involved think rather than making irrelevant comparisons - after all there is far more to any employment than the dollars at the end of the day. Admittedly we all need a surviveable income, but what else goes with earning that income is of equal, or indeed greater, importance.

To the detractors, desist. Consider, instead, looking at the positives that Our Airline is offering, and delivering, in a challenging and demanding environment.