PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for Newbies....
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2009, 22:40
enalkay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grow up

Having cut my teeth in Jabiru getting my first thousand hours flying vfr charter and scenics,i was then ready to move on and finally now am a jet jockey.I had the best time out there never got sworn at once and can only recommend it as a great place for newbies wanting to get ahead.As for this Dan who when i checked with the chief pilot last night had turned the job down well tough mate how can you spend all that money on a licence, send a grovelling resume wanting a job before you even had a commercial ,turn up some 3 months later with a new commercial be offered a job after an assesment of your entire package and whether you would fit in,be offered your first commercial job and turn it down,WHAT A HUGE BOOBOO!! .It is true and of late even more so that resumes are flooding in to operators like the one in question,experienced pilots who have lost there jobs thru companies folding,Qantaslink trainees who got cut,defence force pilots you name it Who do you think you are and I guess as a gen y human you think you can just walk into another job offer-fat chance with the number of real pilots out there looking for work.
Grow up realise that many successful pilots start with these sorts of jobs!!!