PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating conversion FAA to JAA (The Master file)
Old 13th Apr 2009, 18:40
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q8

My understanding is: You already have a 777 rating and 1500 hrs on type plus a A320 rating with 250 hrs on type.. Where did you do these type ratings, and on what licence are they endorsed.? You say both ratings are not current. i.e. no current LPC but not expired as they are within 5 years of the last flight.

Because you have more than 500 hrs on type, the CAA will endorse the 777 rating on a UK ATPL, provided you do an LPC with a UK TRE and you meet the requirements, only the CAA will tell you what these are by assessment of your paperwork.

The A320 rating could be endorsed as a second type, provided the course you did met JAR FCL requirements. If Not, its a full course.

I am assuming as you mentioned it has lapsed, you have a full UK ATPL.

If you did these type ratings on an FAA ticket you will need to provide the CAA with details of the course, ground school and sim times and base training.

The best thing to do is just to send: Copies of you licence, Ratings, course completion certs, Log Books and training files together with details of the courses you did, times , dates and content ( syllabus) to PLD at the CAA, they will assess what you need to do.

You mention a " full A320" course, do I take it you have an FAA p2 rating only?