PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TV Prog - Confessions of Steward
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2002, 11:35
Hew Jampton

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
You can't fish ham out of a salad and pass it off as a kosher meal.
Agreed, but nevertheless it was attempted and the meal served to the passenger. I wasn't commenting on the kosher aspect, but on the bare hands rifling through the food.

Reference ATR galleys etc, read my earlier on galley design. Anyway, on the several aircraft types (not including the ATR) on which I have seen pots being taken into the lavatory compartment, many times, it wasn't the washbasin that was used.

All this food hygiene was only raised because it was mentioned several times on 'that' programme, among other bad practices, including flying the aircraft, and some people went overboard on adamantly declaring the whole programme to be a web of fabrication. Other people, while not wanting for sensible reasons to get embroiled in the flying issue, observed that they had seen many or all of the 'non-flying' practices, so the programme wasn't that much of a fabrication.

Anybody see the next programme in the series, 'Confessions of an Estate Agent'? If there's a Professional Estate Agents Rumour Network (PEARuNe?), is it now heavy on "outraged and self-righteous" indignation on estate agents using the vendor's bed to bonk prospective purchasers during the showing round, or wearing the vendor's clothes and even having the trousers shortened to fit?