PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - School Transferring: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 17:57
Rj111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

The instructor thing has probably annoyed me more than the times between lessons. I agree that you shouldn't stick to the same instructor forever, but i'm in a situation where i've never had a consecutive instructor. There's almost a little bit of pressure on me to prove myself to the next person. Also each lesson is taken literally at a time. For example, I did a landing on lesson 3 (though my instructor was probably putting a sneaky bit of input into it). Then i wasn't given the opportunity to land until i began circuits. In the meantime i could have racked up 3 or 4 more landings, which is almost an entire circuit lesson. But because there was no one really overseeing the broader picture of my development, i think that was overlooked. The same thing has happened with me using the radio, some days yes, some days no, i could be really confident on it now. I suppose i should be more vocal about what i want out of a lesson, but it can be tricky when you're the student, and you are building new relationships each time.

But that's happened now. I'm going to stick at it for the meantime and hopefully within the next few lessons i can get my solo under my belt, which i hope will be a great thrill. Then when that target is reached, i shall reassess my options.

Thanks for the input,
RJ