PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating conversion FAA to JAA (The Master file)
Old 12th Apr 2009, 14:42
q8pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non JAA to JAA type rating Transfer

Hi
Gentleman, ready to read, and open books
Referring to your LASORS F4.1 multi –pilot aeroplane type rating
Pre-requisite condition s for training:
For the items in the F4.1:
b- Hold a current and valid multi-engine instrument rating (aeroplane) this requirement for initial MPA type rating.........
so i cant do my A320 type unless i have a valid and current , because its expired a long time ago ( over 10 years )
so i thought of :
Referring to LASORS F9.1 TRANSFER OF TYPE/CLASS RATINGS FROM A NON-JAA STATE LICENCE Type Ratings (Aeroplane)
Item: iv. Have met the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.250/2.250, 1.251 and 2.255 as applicable; including knowledge of aeroplane performance appropriate to that type (please refer to Section F4 - Knowledge of Aeroplane Performance). AND JAR–FCL 1.250 Type rating, multi-pilot –
Conditions (See AMC FCL 1.261(d)) (See Appendix 1 to JARFCL 1.261(d))
2) Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A);
ONE can I transfer my b777 to my British ATPL as a fist type ( my last flight was in 9-2004 ) and I have over 1500 hours on type , then do the A320 type as a second type .
My final am is to do an FULL A320 type , which I have but I don’t have the 500 hours they requested ( last flight was in 2005 )
Anyone knows how to ask for an exemption from the CAA ?
Finally what is the difference between a valid and valid and current IR ?????
DONT tell me just do the MPA as its just to much for me ,
I have the requirements requested there and more except what’s mentioned here ( underlined )
Thanks for your comments ( the good ones only )