PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ006 final report out 26/4/02
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2002, 10:44
holden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets not hijack the one decent thread and turn it into a slanging match between all and sundry.The important thing here is what happened and why?Gladiator is entitled to mention what he perceives as flaws in the operating environment at SIA.I dont know whether he´s correct or not.I do know he wouldnt be the first to cast a shadow on the operating psyche in SIA.

The report avoids unveiling the "golden nugget" and instead opts for a mish-mash of comments and diatribe on several elements that make up the whole.Yes,an accident is usually the result of a chain of events but the "probable cause" theory is still the best way to go,in my opinion.What was the last chain in the link that made the accident inevitable?Turning on to the wrong runway is about as clear an error as you can get.This was the last chain in the link,and if the NTSB had been at the helm,you can bet your bottom dollar that this would have been their conclusion.I see their recommendations centre almost entirely on developing cockpit moving-map nav displays for ground operations.