PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - too many interviews, too many X-rays
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 08:33
flexi_time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too many interviews, too many X-rays

I just got back fro China for a Job interview.
Before even attempting a CAAC mediacl check we had to undergo an Immigration medical which included a lung X-ray(with testi shield)
The next day we had a CAAC medical which also included a lungs X-ray.
Altough not happy about having two X-rays in two days I went along figuring it is better then being unemployed.
After endless examinations I got to see the doctor whom was smoking in the examination room. he wanted to know if I had any surguries.
When I told him about my microdesectemy 8 years ago due to a herniated disc he immideatley sent me back to the X-ray room for three more shots at my lower back (with no testi shield this time).
I thought that I was finaly done with my radiation treatment when I got back to the hotel room.
To my surprise I received a phone call from one of the Airline HR people telling me that I will be picked up the next morning to go and have a CT on my lower back. I understand that a CT is comprised from multiple X-ray images in order to build a 3D picture.
I am a little conserned about getting so much radiation in such a short period of time. also getting zapped right at the family jewels doesn't make me too happy either.
I am looking at another two possible interviews in Asia all requiring pre- hire medical screening which include lung X-rays.
How many X-rays is it safe to get in what period of time. Am I being too paranoid?