PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trapped on a Plane? Court Says Deal With It
Old 12th Apr 2009, 05:01
jet_air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright.. I had to face a similar situation..

Booked a Flight on United from KLAS to KSFO last december.
reached airport ontime but only to find out ALL FLIGHTS WERE CANCELLED !
There was a Snow Storm in Vegas !
No Deicing equipment available !
Was stranded at the airport for the whole night !
Next morning was able to put myself after a lot of agony on a Southwest flight to KOAK. There were no seats available on any plane to any where in USA till that evening !
Boarded the 737 at 7:00am. Middle seat ! The Acft Did not push from the gate until 8:00am. But after pushing back the plane remained stationary in the same place for another 45mins. Until then there was no info from the flight deck. And suddenly, the P1 spoke up saying we had to deice the aircraft before departure (that was obvious because the wing was probably not recognisable under the carpet of ice) .. But the shocking info he gave was we were NO 14 INLINE FOR DE ICING ! Expected delay 2 hours !
As the P1 kept informing us about the status of the line we were in at about 1.5 hours passed the first announcement. Few pax became completely restless and they wanted to leave the plane ! But the capt came running to them to let them know that if we go back to the gate we will loose our sequence ! But they were adamant ! and were left with little choice but to go back to the gate !
As a result we were No:13 Once again from being No:4 in sequence!!
We finally departed at 13:00 hrs ! 6 hours on the tarmac !
All I cud do is pity the captain !
Well had I been the P1 and had it been on myside of the planet ! I wud have kicked the pax butt and ask them remain seated !