PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith Renegs on Journalism Award
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 03:21
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
So you very publicaly made this offer, very publically announced it would not be awarded, whilst NOT ensuring you could actually name the judges who made this decision?

How exactley do you propose to make this process transparent if the judges DON'T agree to be identified?

Ironic that this was all about transperency and accountability in government, whilst you seem to have ensured the process of judging this contest (Which gained you a large amount of publicity for one of your cause celebri whilst gaining the journalists who entered nothing) a secret.

Editted to add-

I'm happy for the mods to change the title of the thread to the one now heading my opening paragraph, but perhaps you could clarify one more thing-

You say it makes no difference to you whether or not the $50 000 went to a journalist or to charity. I take it that a donation to the RFDS would be tax deductable, whilst a prize to a journalist would not be. Might this be relevent considering your threat to "Minimise" your tax in light of the Sea Sprite contract? Can you guarentee that neither you OR the other busness man who offered the prize will gain the financial incentive of a tax deduction now that the "Independent" panel you selected has chosen to donate the money to charity?

Last edited by Wizofoz; 12th Apr 2009 at 03:50.