PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 00:09
What-ho Squiffy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, i have been chasing the ultimate utility watch for many years now. All the "pilot" watches I have tried are not good enough. The best-ever watch I have used for flying (helicopter and in the flight levels) is a Suunto Vector. It has a BIG display, and excellent backlight. It has a stopwatch and count-down timer, plus two time-zones. The time is very easy to quickly change, and best of all you can alter the hours and minutes up and down, which is very handy when traversing timezones. Water resistant, with an easy user-changeable battery. AND if you are un-pressurised, you have a backup altimeter, which I have found to be very accurate. If you force-land or ditch, it has a very accurate compass built in. The one I have also doubles as a heart rate monitor, so I can exercise with it at my destination. What more could you want?

PS:
Heliduck, I was given the Blue Angels Skyhawk watch, and it is completely useless as a pilot's watch. I still have good eyes (40+ age!), but the amount of fiddle-@rseing around required to perform basic functions is unbelievable.

Last edited by What-ho Squiffy!; 12th Apr 2009 at 00:27.