PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC History
Thread: ATC History
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2009, 21:18
Lon More

More than just an ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reynolds - yes that was the guy.

I later worked at Maastricht, with Gerry Wigglesworth -ex Preston. On nights I normally took a thermos of tea along for myself but gerry normally had most of it. One night he complained that the tea was not up to the usual standard. "I know" I told him. "Adrie (my wife) made it. She doesn't P in the pot to warm it like I do." Got to drink my tea in peace after that.

Another Brit, Brian Easy, always had an excuse for needing an early go, usually to go to his French lessons or for a massage. Eventually we started to only talk french around him. After 100s of hours of lessons he could surely speak the language?

Some years later an ex LATCC controler came over, however, shortly after validating, he decided Maastricht was not for him and returned to the UK. Severl months later, in accordance to the LOA, an inbound EGKK, instructed to cross KOK at fl280, called London FL282 descending and was advised he was refused, instructed to take up the hold, and QSYed back to Maastricht together with a EGLL dep climbing through his level (one blip!!!!!in addition there was another RGKK inbound at FL280 approaching KOK. An interesting 10 minutes followed. He was immediately suspended and later fired for that.

Then there was the Creeganator .....