PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ CEO Performance re crash in Med
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2009, 20:32
skol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fyfe is a good boss, so was Ralph Norris. I've worked for lots and some of them were the worst scumbags imaginable. I'm referring to the Brierley era here.
In general I would say Fyfe is doing a great job and when I read the posts from time to time about life in QF and other airlines I'm grateful. I have a couple of mates in Europe and life's been hell after being laid off.
Nothing's perfect but NZ is profitable, efficient and Fyfe has the support of an overwhelming number of the staff. It's notable that the airline crashed under Brierley's but has thrived since Norris took over and treated the staff like human beings.The 1990's style of management was to attract the grovellers and would-bes-if-they-could-bes, the masters of the Employment Contracts Act. It had nothing to do with ability or intelligence. They've long since been given the arse, as soon as Norris took over, they know who they are. The big noters of the divide and rule era.
The unfortunate part was that many decent employees left ANZ because of the way they were victimised by the '90's management.
Any CEO will have his or her detractors but I give Fyfe 9 out of 10.

The managers I associate with these days have respect are generally well liked. I certainly don't mind going the extra mile for them.
I'm not management either.

Last edited by skol; 14th Apr 2009 at 06:38.