PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safari Holiday At Serengeti
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2009, 19:26
LOW BURNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can try Bushbuck safari's, Bobby Tours, and if you have some cash to burn try Tanzania Game Trackers. TGT will be out of this world as far as accomodation, meals, equiptment, wildlife, ect. Nice people and they have their own air charter...Northern Air Charter. Arusha Tourist Hotel is where I stayed. It is in a back alley across from the Backbackers. Sounds sketchy but the accomodation is great and I paid around $40 US a night. The hotel has amazing views of Meru. If you want to spend a little more money there are some impressive hotels in the area but cant recall any of their names. If you get an international licence, which only cost me $15 at home, you can rent a car to get around the area. Travel isnt too bad and Arusha is real safe. Check out Massai camp if you need a night of entertainment. There are usually lots of travellers in there and it can turn into a great night. The Backpackers has a decent restaurant on the top floor with some great views of the city and cheapish beers. Have fun. Oh ya. If you book with TGT you wont have to worry about anything while you are there. Transport, Meals, Accomodation, all 5 Star. Bring some mosquito repellant. Nights can make you crazy if they are buzzing in your ear.