PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyLuton
Thread: easyLuton
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2002, 06:25
spud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I passed through LTN recently for the first time in ages. We disembarked and were marched to an arrival gate (saved us the walk) where we had to wait until another squad leader marched his pax out to their awaiting chariot. Luckily the weather was nice. Once inside, the terminal was obviously much improved but the fun really started when I tried to get some sort of public transport. For our comfort and convenience, the train station isn't at the aiport and because the airport is perched on a hill, never will be. For the comfort and convenience of the waiting queue, the coach to Milton Keynes train station was still unmanned ten minutes after it was supposed to leave so I gave up waiting and hired a car. Luton Airport car parks seem to be used to store stone chips.
Yes Luton has got better but it is still a shortish, hump backed twisted runway on top of a hill with a drop to a roundabout at one end and less than ideal transport links. Presumably back-tracking 26 for take off is still the order of the day.
I can see Easy's point.

Last edited by Hamrah; 6th May 2002 at 08:59.