PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't frighten the horses
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2009, 14:58
Evalu8ter

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
If the pilot had landed on to see if he/she could help, this victim would probably have sued for trespass or damaged crops....I do wonder if she was wearing a hi-viz vest or if she'd rung the Low Flying Hotline to ascertain any RW activity in her area before she set out?

I had a few horse complaints over the years. The best was a "reliable eye witness" who'd signed a statement to the effect that I'd been over their friends house at "tree top" height causing a prize mare (of which I've known a few..) to bolt into a barbed wire fence. Problem for them was that I was on the ILS into Chiv at the time and London had a radar trace to confirm that I was over 600ft at the time. I asked the plods if they were going to prosecute the "reliable eye witness" for perjury or fraud only to recieve a wry smile.

It is regrettable that this individual has been hurt whilst indulging in her passion, but then so do sailors who drown, hang gliders who crash and motorcyclists who skid on someone elses diesel spill. Blame the lawyers; nobody seems to take responsibility for their actions nowadays.