PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 11th Apr 2009, 07:04
PIREP 123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hostility is a bit of an exaggeration, but since you are asking why I challenged your comments I thought I would select a few of your 'gems' in the last 3 posts of yours:

I am absolutely confused as to why they decided to go with JNB, and SYD, leaving JFK, YYZ and SIN in the dark. If they are having financial difficulty, or decided that now is not the best time to spend on such a program, it would only make sense to a logical person that the entire program be cancelled
So Etihad is not logical?

I'm having serious issues with the logic behind Etihads decisions and behaviour.
...again...

financial downturn is not good enough when they cancel less than 50% of the program
How do you know?

JFK and YYZ got canceled. I dont care when they should have started, I dont care if it is this year, next year or the year after. My whole issue is that EY decided to go on with 2 more cities after declaring they are affected by the economic downturn
And who's choice is that?

The candidates have not been selected since they did not complete the assessment, and yet will have a chance to participate in the freaking program. JFK and YYZ candidates, as well as SIN candidates will not get a chance because of the economic downturn. Explain to me how it is logical for an economic downturn to affect events that will happen next year, but not events that will happen this year?
Read my last post....

And if I had the money to go ahead with the PPL, you think I wouldnt have started it? For people outside your area, money is somewhat of an issue. We dont have the government of the Emirates spend insane amounts of money on undeserving individuals who spend it blindly. Some of us have to work to pay for education, and other professional career programs. I'm not implying you are like that, but I see how a lot of people from Dubai live here in Montreal, and I know for a fact that many of them are on government funded sponsorships, driving Ferraris, and buying 10-20 bottles of alcohol a night at clubs. To them money is not an issue.
Generalising massively...

My whole rant is because something doesnt add up with this program, and how things are conducted. And I know that EY will never explain the reason behind their actions
They don't need to explain a thing, but they did.

All I saw in the EY cadet program is a decent chance to bypass the hassle of going through the modular training, and all the extra expenses and loans one could and probably would incur.
All you saw is a chance to be debt free. All a lot of other people see is a chance to be with an excellent airline, without being in debt (because they can't afford it!!! not because it would just be nicer!!!) and being guaranteed a job...Not just because the other route is a hassle.

Last edited by PIREP 123; 12th Apr 2009 at 13:50.