PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 23:53
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is some merit in what cloud9dk says. It's impossible to accurately predict how long this economic downturn is going to last OR how long the industry will take to warm up again when it does finally pick up. Remember, even when the economy recovers, there are people in hold pools that have to be emptied and people in companies that will have the experience to move to other companies. All this movement will have to happen before the doors open to fresh faces. How long it will take for this to happen is a very hard question to answer. So cloud9dk has taken an educated guess that relies on the industry picking up in 2 years and him therefore being at the front of the Q with a beautiful new and current ATPL. Brave move but might pay off. What is for sure is that CTC is a very good place to be. Despite what anyone says, they do have an excellent placement record (possibly one of the best?) and a strong brand that the partner airlines seem to respect. If you had to train anywhere I think CTC is certainly one of the top three places to do it. Tried and tested. I speak as someone who completed the AQC course successfully and whilst waiting for placement got offered a job elsewhere which I took. So CTC didn't actually place me although they would have eventually. I had waited a long time and felt I should just get started and take the opportunity on the table! Ultimately, everyone else on my course has since been employed by good companies through CTC and are still in work and happy. Arguably, I should have placed more faith in CTC and waited as the job they would have eventually offered may have been a better career move than the one I took, but that that was my gamble. I am very happy thou. Employed, stable and with a good quality of life. Point is, it's always a gamble!

So if you are to take the gamble on your timing, which no one can judge you for with any real authority (they can only comment that it is a gamble, but it always will be), CTC is definitely a good place to be in my opinion. You go for it son!

Last edited by bigjarv; 11th Apr 2009 at 10:11.