PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europe and Asian airlines grow whilst standards fall
Old 10th Apr 2009, 22:04
A-3TWENTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not against a 200 hour pilot in a flag career but I am against :

- Young pilots who have no conditions to be pilots but are allowed to proceed in the company;

-Instructors who have to be nice guys and approve any stupid or unskilled pilot in order not to go against company interests;

-Young pilots who don`t know anything and don`t want to know and to make things worst , are arrogant.Poor attitude.

-Companies which doesn`t have a tough instruction , not with bad intentions , but to keep standards high.

I have seen Capts. flying around that I wouldn`y put my family into his plane for the simple reason that they weren`t proficient even as a co-pilot.
Sometimes is not their fault ,they just haven`t had a good training through out his life.
This is very normal nowadays when the costs are controled to the penny.

I have an interesting story: When I got my first job (I was 19) I used to fly with a Captain of 63. He told me one think that I never forgot. Aviation is a big more or less.I never forgot that because life has proven me that he was absolutely correct.

Money controls everything and I believe that the system is not really worried with passenger`s safety ,despite the system spreads this idea.Economical interests are well above the life of some anonymous passengers.