PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training - Joke!
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 21:30
9287Excellent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was recently at OFT to do my PPL and myself and the others that I went over there with were appalled at the attitude of most of the management towards us, especially considering we were the customer. Just going back to the first thread, we were all told we would have our PPL's in 4-5 weeks and it took nearly 2 months before the first one in our group got his check ride, that was with almost perfect weather, planes only in maintainence for 100hrs, etc, although they could have done with being in for longer as some of them were in terrible condition!

The owner of the company is a money grabbing degenerate , who is just generally a nasty piece of work, his "how much money can we screw these people out of" attitude, becomes very apparent when/if you meet him.

The majority of instructors are excellent, there are now quite few newer instructors there, so I don't know about them, but the instructors we had were good. However the way they are treated by the management staff, one or two inparticular, is appaling.

Basically, if you want to go to a school that tells you a pack of lies most of the time, will try to con you out of as much money as they can, compromise your safety in the aircraft and put you down at any opportunity they can, especially if you have a problem with them or the way they opperate, then OFT is the place for you, if not, I'd look else.
Also, there is a very, very funny video about OFT/Space Coast Aviation, on youtube, if you want a good laugh, go and watch it, but having been there myself, I find it very hard to believe!