PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much security?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 11:39
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wot 'e said - again

Thanks a lot to all who have replied. Some of the acronyms still don't actually MEAN a lot. TCP for example, I understand what each individual word means but what does the whole phrase mean? UDP? I don't even know what the individual letters stand for!

At bottom I just want to USE a computer as a means of information, communication, entertainment, news, music and all sorts of other stuff - I don't REALLY care how it does it. Unfortunately the people who create software seem to miss this aspect of what the great mass of folks want a computer for. Sometimes (particularly on the occasions when I've had to resort to the help line in India, I find myself being led through the labyrinths of the computer knowing full well I will NEVER be able to retrace these steps by myself should the problem recur) one finds oneself wondering "why do they make it so bloody complicated?" when trying to do something apparently simple.

Don't get me wrong - I'm truly grateful for the help and explanations I find in this forum. So bear with me if I seem to be asking noddy questions in the future.
The Ancient Mariner