PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Do Well Sell Ourselves So Short????
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 10:48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that we are all probably very good pilots and... that we post on here sometimes after long duty days and...English is sometimes not our native language but...

your/you're
surgon/surgeon
salery/salary

e.t.c....

Perhaps you think that's pedantic but none of my relatives in the medical/legal/academic world would ever make such mistakes.

Additionally..

People are jealous of our lifestyle (we all know that the truth is somewhat different) and will have a pop at us in lots of ways. If we give them enough ammunition they will use it. So when we moan about being(been!) undervalued, think about the last time a TV company was able to make a fly on the wall documentary about airline crews 'misbehaving' down route - whatever form that may have taken and however one-sided the story- and think about the damage done to our reputation in this way. We could do an awful lot more to paint ourselves in a better light..

When we complain about not getting enough rest/time off/respect, the public, quite naturally, afford us little sympathy.

There is not one day, of the years that I have spent flying, that I would exchange for any other job - not one - and I came to the job late in life after a career in the corporate world, earning enough money to complete flight training. A bloody hard route to the best job in the world and the opportunity to work with some of the most professional and decent human beings it has been my pleasure to know.

As the great Clint Eastwood once said..

'Don't p**s down my back and then tell me it's raining..'

And on that cryptic note..safe flying everyone!