PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Wannabes & Recruitment I
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 07:31
ITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent !
Abigailnoo , don’t worry about the English. You’ll meet so many cabin crews who speak it just “so so”, but as you go with your training and as you’ll mix with others, you’ll be obliged to speak in English, and it will just improve. I don’t think that it will have an impact on your exams. If others did it, you can do it also. The exams are pretty much eaaaaaaasy, nothing to worry about, even though you will :-)

The cabin crew training is divided into 3 parts:
1 – Service training: the on board service routine. How to serve, what to serve…etc All the food you’ll be using is real, and you’ll eat it by the end of the day. All the new joiners like that part .
2 – SEP (safety equipments & procedures): Fire extinguisher and all the safety equipment you eventually might use one day (we don’t hope that). This part include sessions on the mock up (simulated airplane cabin) to practice evacuation and door opening (door trainer)

3- First aid: The medical part.
All the above includes written and practical test. You’ll also go for a fire fighting drill, and you’ll fly also to Dubai by the end of your training and do the ditching training at Emirates CAE centre. This one will be a nice day and you’ll have fun. After all these steps: You’ll get your certificates, assigned to your observation flights, get your 1st flying roster, and the real thing will THEN start, and you better be ready for it !

Last but not the least, the “rumors” about QR are just a simple reality and I can certify that. However, I don’t want to go on the negative side, especially for you guys who are going there for the first time. And anyway we can’t get something without having the hurdle of something else, so It’s a 50-50 situation, but you’ll explore it by your self, and as said before, not all of us are the same, so everyone will take it differently. Some will get along with it, some will hate it and just leave, but pleas be advised that resigning before 2 years in the company, you’ll have to pay the remaining of the service bond ( total service bond = + - 2200 USD )

So, here we go, enjoy your day.
ITO.