PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Do Well Sell Ourselves So Short????
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 00:19
Teddy Robinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger The problem is

The rise of the low cost operators looking to employ those who can be sold a dream through " the quick route".

You too can be an airline pilot earning megabucks .. just sign here.
the TRTO's supply the cannon fodder which undermine the people who are born to the business through guts and hard work.

I have watched a family member go through this Florida training process, and the poor guy despite his "House in a book" quick fix training complete with A320 type rating fall at the last hurdle because he could not cut it on a nasty day for the base check.

What is the answer ?

When passengers start dying in sufficient numbers because they have systems operators rather than pilots in charge of their aircraft there might be a few questions asked, otherwise it is the power of the advertised fare, and the questionable practices that make that fare possible.

That is where it is heading and I have enough hours with zero time F/O's to speak on the matter.

"Hey the planned route would take us via the SID directly through a wall of forecast thunderstorms which we cannot out climb over the Alps at night .. what is your opinion ?" blank look....

"What if we take the fuel to go around them ?" blank look.

That is where we are headed ... and when I and the likes of me retire .. that is what you have to look after your nearest and dearest.

enjoy !