PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Do Well Sell Ourselves So Short????
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 22:56
SEAMASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your answer in a nutshell

The last post by King fish or whatever his name is would'nt come from the mouth of a self respecting educated Doctor. Oh and by the way don't try to put yourself on a par with a GP or a Surgeon because your not guys, ATPL is not medical school and never will be. You rant and rave about how you should all be flying Airbus or Boeing with 200 hrs, well yeh this industry does work on market forces if they need you your in if not well take what you have and wait a while gaining experience and good flying time until the right opportunity comes along. I too enjoy my job but I enjoy my Kids and family more. I fortunately work for one of the more desirable employers in the UK and my advice would be dont just take the job because it gives you a preferable rating even if you have to pay for it (by the way even that option was never a desirable one to me.) Wait until the right employer comes along that can offer you a stable future within this futile industry and make the most of the opportunity you have at that interview. Please Guys have some self respect and dignity and know your worth, if we all had this view then collectively we might progress as a profession !!!